THE PROCESSES AS
A LEARNING SPACE
Participatory architecture in the Peruvian Amazon context
Tuesday, December 17, 2019 / 16:00 / ONA G23
Marta Maccaglia is founder of the Asociación Semillas. She deals with architecture projects, becoming a specialist in educational, academic and research spaces in the Peruvian Amazon emerging contexts’ and human settlements of Lima. She’s also a project agent in Peru of the Italian NGO CPS – Comunità promozione sviluppo, for programs of international cooperation. Marta Maccaglia is also a professor at the architecture department of Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de América Latina (Ucal). There she has been awarded for excellence in teaching by Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de América Latina (Ucal). Furthermore she’s winner of the Global Award for Sustainable Architecture 2018, in Paris by Cité de l’architecture & du patrimoine, sponsored by UNESCO. She pursued a Master degree in interior architecture and exhibition design at La Sapienza university of Rome (Italy). Her interests lie in education, from the spaces to teaching activity and photography.
Her projects developed in Asociación Semillas have received numerous awards, among which the following ones:
Link: Asociación Semillas
HS 2019 Lecture Poster
- ASF Award 2019 (Architecture Sans Frontières International)
- Winner of BIAU 2019 (Ibero-American Architecture and Urbanism Biennial) in Asunción (Paraguay)
- Finalist of BIAU 2015 in Rosario (Argentina), and of BIAU 2017 in São Paulo (Brazil)
- Her projects have been awarded and exhibited at the Venice and Pisa Biennale (Italy), and have been published in numerous international architecture magazines and books.
- She has won the first prize in the international contest of “CATALOGO DE ESCUELAS” for the amazon rainforest in collaboration with FD-Arquitectos, promoted by the Peruvian Ministry of Education
- She has taken part in national and international lectures among which at Harvard University in the United States, Cité de l’Architecture in Paris, Bienal Peruana de Arquitectura in Peru among others.
- Semillas’ schools have been awarded and published in the innovative schools’ catalogue of 21st century by the Development Bank (IDB).